Why Play Booster League?
Booster League is a great format for newer players and veterans alike! If you don’t have a large collection, the format evens the playing field. If you aren’t able to spend a lot on Magic, League allows you to pay the price of a draft and then get in a bunch of games with other players! For those of you who just love to crack packs, it’s another excuse. It’s also a way for people with limited time to play Magic to drop by at hours where there may not be a large event running and still be able to find people to play with.
What you need to know:
Entry: One time fee of $15, comes with 3 Dominaria Packs and a cool League Box to hold your cards!
- Build a 30 card minimum deck with your 3 booster packs.
- Every week you can add another booster pack to your pool (on Mondays)! If you lose 3 games you can also add another to your pool!
- Matches are best of one and there is a free Mulligan (then proceed to Mulligan normally).
- Grab your match sheet and make note of the game! Games count towards the prizes as long as you don’t play the same person in a row.
- You’ll earn an awesome foil, alternate art Zhalfirin Void for playing 10 games!
Time/Date: Starts April 27th & ends May 29th. If you win one of the prizes and aren’t available at the time, don’t worry! We’ll hold them for you.
League Matches happen anytime you can drop into the store! Playing between matches of events is a great way to kill time. Staff will always have their league decks on them and if there’s a break in the action we’ll happily jam a game with you. Our Official League Night for weekly reporting is on Tuesdays.
Every player adds a booster pack to the prize pool. We’ll keep track of player’s scores and hand out prizes at the end of the league. They will be divided as evenly and fairly as possible between the different categories.
Most Games, Most Wins, Most Loses
Prize Packs can be any combination of Standard Legal Set Booster Packs.
Staff will have League decks to play when we aren’t busy but don’t worry we aren’t eligible for prize. We just love an excuse to buy packs and play Magic.