Why Play Booster League?
Booster League is a great format for newer players and veterans alike! If you don’t have a large collection, the format evens the playing field. If you aren’t able to spend a lot on Magic, League allows you to pay the price of a draft and then get in a bunch of games with other players! For those of you who just love to crack packs, it’s another excuse. It’s also a way for people with limited time to play Magic to drop by at hours where they may not be a large event running and still be able to find people to play with.
Our experience with the Kaladesh League was fantastic. Some of us on staff were a bit unsure of how the format would be with only the 3 initial packs/30 card decks but we were pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was. We’re really happy that Wizards will be finalizing the League program with Amonkhet because the feedback from players was incredibly positive. One of my favorite parts of the League was that if a new player came in and wanted to jam a few games we had a format we could play with decks at the same level. The same is true for younger players who have extremely limited budgets. The Kaladesh League was so popular that there was almost always someone in the store (apart from staff) who had a League deck on them. Below is the information for the League
What you need to know to get started:
Entry: $15, includes 2 booster packs of Aether Revolt & 1 booster pack of Kaladesh
- Build a 30 card minimum deck with your 3 booster packs. (The usual Constructed rule of 4 of each card apart from basic lands will be used)
- You’ll register your pool with a Deck Register sheet which you leave with us and add the contents of any boosters you open.
- Every week you can add another booster pack to your pool! If you lose 3 games you can also add another to your pool. These packs can be either Aether Revolt or Kaladesh!
- Matches are just one game and there is a free Mulligan (then proceed to Mulligan normally).
- Report the results to us. Games will not count towards the Prizes if you play the same person more than once in a row. You can alternate but no farming the same friend for points!
Time/Date: Anytime you can drop into the store! Tuesdays and Fridays from 5PM to closing are the best time to get some games in. Jam games between matches of FNM or our other events!
We will be finishing the League Friday, March 31st and handout prizes at Friday Night Magic. If you win one of the prizes and aren’t available at the time, don’t worry! We’ll hold them for you.
(Every Player adds a Pack to the Prize Pool, past the Guaranteed Prizes. We’ll keep track of players scores and hand out prizes at the end of the league.)
1st. 3 Packs
2nd. 2 Packs
3rd. 1 Pack
Most Days Played: 1 Pack
New Player Raffle: 1 Pack
Most Games Played: 1 Pack
Most Games Lost: 1 Pack
Prize Packs can be any combination of Aether Revolt, Kaladesh, Shadows Over Innistrad or Eldritch Moon!
Staff will have League decks to play when we aren’t busy but don’t worry we aren’t eligible for prize. We just love an excuse to buy packs and play Magic.